Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

thejay

Well dammit.. I found one locally for $550 so I'm picking her up tomorrow. This is all your fault Bro! [cursing][drool]

Mine is a 2006 60th Anniversary model as well. Photos tomorrow. [thumbup]

Nice! I am really happy with mine, def a sound of its own as 4H said.

[cursing]

You're not helping!

Yep - here's the girls. I knew I posted them up here elsewhere. :o

RevsTelecasters_zpsedb7309c.jpg

How is the shiftet tele?

How is the shiftet tele?

Well if you're looking for that Tele twang this one won't do that for you [wink] The CS1 & CS2 pups are high output humbuckers and this guitar really shines when it's cranked thru a nice tube amp - like Gibson's are. It's capable of a nice clean tone of course as well - but no discernable twang to my ears - and that's okay because that's not why I bought that one. I like it for it's tone, it's playability and it's stunning appearance. I really like it. [thumbup]

As promised - photos! [drool]

Fender72ThinlineFullLength_zpskgk0cznk.jpg

Fender72ThinlineBody_zpsv0ujtcoe.jpg

Fender72ThinlineBodyPic_zpshzscbwvo.jpg

FenderTLback_zpsfadly4bm.jpg

She plays wonderfully & sounds deliciously woody. The seller even put a new set on 10's on her and perfectly intonated the girl. It's a great day for Telecasters!

Okay had to add this one - the case arrived today. Yummy!

FenderThinlineCase_zpsbpwx6pfw.jpg

Oh I know... here you go! Ironically, I don't know that I am a Jag fan either!? [scared]

IMG_4624_zpsl2amjigt.jpg

[drool]

This is my favorite Fender. If I could justify it, I'd have one of these beauties tomorrow. They play like a dream and that offset body is the best.

Oh I know... here you go! Ironically, I don't know that I am a Jag fan either!? [scared]

IMG_4624_zpsl2amjigt.jpg

Man... that is beautiful! Look away Dave.. look away now...

You know if you only have one Jag that's the one to have. Hell that is gorgeous! Congrats!!!!

You know I wonder if we keep buying Fenders & posting them up here - Gibson may send hit men to our homes.. I see they're wanting us to buy the Les Paul 100 celebration models with a 1 in 10 chance of having them reimburse us in full. The problem is those 9 folks stuck with them that don't get reimbursed... I'd better shut up now... (enters witness protection program).. [scared]

It's an excellent guitar I can't tell if I love it or the idea of it... All well time will tell, it's a beauty though I would agree if you were to have one this is the one.

Yea I saw the LP contest...hmmm... Spend over $2k on a chance?? Cool idea though I will give them that however (wrong or not) buying Fenders because that excites me more than Gibson right now. I am well stocked on the Gibson side though

As promised - photos! [drool]

Fender72ThinlineFullLength_zpskgk0cznk.jpg

Fender72ThinlineBody_zpsv0ujtcoe.jpg

Fender72ThinlineBodyPic_zpshzscbwvo.jpg

FenderTLback_zpsfadly4bm.jpg

She plays wonderfully & sounds deliciously woody. The seller even put a new set on 10's on her and perfectly intonated the girl. It's a great day for Telecasters!

Shes a beauty. I wonder if i could pull some twang out of that even with the humbuckers? Btw, nice hoard but if all the teles are gone from sweetwater now i know who took them!

Archived