Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

thejay

This is a 60th anniverary 72 thinline I picked up used (MIM) actually. I played a current Classic Series at GC the one day, played a bunch of other guitars (couple of GIbbys too) and it slayed them, I was massively impressed with it.

The body is Ash. I believe the Deluxe is Alder, but don't quote me on that... I am more of a Gibson guy [flapper] and dabble in the world of Fender so I literally have a few, though trying to sell one.

After the success with this one I am interested in a deluxe now!

ALSO it sounds sweet with the Oranges

The Rockerverbs are amazing amps!

Here is a clip with RV just cleans though, it comes in half way through with a 335. Otherwise this 72 ran through the OR100 (Strymon provided FX)

Stranger (demo)

Awesome hope it brings you many years of enjoyment and even some $$$$ gigs

4H

Thanks!

Actually using all of the big 3, mobius (chorus), timeline (delays), BigSky (reverb)

I've been very tempted to get the BigSky but do not want to drop that much money to get all of those. Dang - you must have more into the effects than into the Telecaster [biggrin] They sound good though! I don't think I've ever read one bad review on anything Strymon makes. Now you've given me Strymon G.A.S. dammit [cursing]

I've been very tempted to get the BigSky but do not want to drop that much money to get all of those. Dang - you must have more into the effects than into the Telecaster [biggrin] They sound good though! I don't think I've ever read one bad review on anything Strymon makes. Now you've given me Strymon G.A.S. dammit [cursing]

I didn't think the BigSky would get used as much as it does but WOW, I use it quite a bit. Lots of different reverb sounds that throw in some atomsphereic sounds or just straight slap and done. The OR100 does not have a reverb tank so when I did the solo I used it, it is also used on that melody in the background that sounds similar to an ebow if you picked that out. Otherwise the main verse riff is a delay I based on the DML Jr through the TimeLine. The TimeLine also offers up some amazing reverbs as well within the delays. They are well worth the cash! [thumbup]

Congrats!

The demo sounds really great

Thanks! [biggrin]

Congrats!

The demo sounds really great

Very nice...congratulations...I just sold my original '69. My barber has one of these in the shop for those who play. Nice guitars...ya done good.

IMG_1976_zpsdvgokryn.jpg

Nice addition, congratulations.

Kenny V

Thanks All!

Well dammit.. I found one locally for $550 so I'm picking her up tomorrow. This is all your fault Bro! [cursing]

Thinline has a sound all of it's own , just be glad it's not American you could triple that cost .

Sam Ash has a American for around $800

4H

Archived