Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Patrick Macnee

MrNylon

Patrick Macnee, "John Steed " has died. He was 93. He died of natural causes. No one could have played "John Steed" of the Avengers better. RIP Patrick.

Macnee played Sherlock Holmes in one of my favorite Magnum P.I. episodes. Higgy Baby played Watson.

BTW most people don't know that the actor who portrayed the character TC on Magnum starred in a 1975 movie on the life of Leadbelly. Leadbelly is far more important to American music than is recognized. He played a 12 string acoustic guitar made by Stella which later became Harmony..

Patrick Macnee, "John Steed " has died. He was 93. He died of natural causes. No one could have played "John Steed" of the Avengers better. RIP Patrick.

Sounds like a life well lived to me. RIP Patrick, RIP.

Oh Yes The Avengers were great when you were a kid in those days because of Mrs Peel..you did not see a lot of the nudity on TV back then so this was as good as it gets for that period and man was she ever hot...Patrick R.I.P. Thanks for the good entertainment...

Oh Yes The Avengers were great when you were a kid in those days because of Mrs Peel..you did not see a lot of the nudity on TV back then so this was as good as it gets for that period and man was she ever hot...Patrick R.I.P. Thanks for the good entertainment...

Some of the things on tv these days, I feel is too graphic and too much swearing. Not many shows where a family can sit together and enjoy.

My parents named me after the character Emma Peel.

kind regards, Emma :)

Archived