Gibson Brands Forums

Any MMA/UFC fans in the forum?

KSG_Standard

Me, I'm hooked on MMA. I used to be a big boxing fan and a fan of Kickboxing, now I'm hooked on MMA. I paid for the 1st two per-per-view events back in the early 90s when Royce Gracie was the king. Now, I get my fill on SpikeTV.

The Brazilians, Canadians and Americans tend to dominate today, with the odd Brit or Mexican in the mix. I love the stuff. Anybody else share my enthusiasm for the sport?

Me' date=' I'm hooked on MMA. I used to be a big boxing fan and a fan of Kickboxing, now I'm hooked on MMA. I paid for the 1st two per-per-view events back in the early 90s when Royce Gracie was the king. Now, I get my fill on SpikeTV.

The Brazilians, Canadians and Americans tend to dominate today, with the odd Brit or Mexican in the mix. I love the stuff. Anybody else share my enthusiasm for the sport?[/quote']

There used to be a Vietnamese-American named Lee (I think) in MMA. I showed my son a couple of his fights. Not that I wanted my young son to see all that violence, but in this case I felt it important to let him see an Asian person who is more then capable of defending himself. My son is currently taking Ty-quan-do (spelling ?). He is by far the smallest kid in the class, but even so you don't want to be on the receiving end of a front snap kick from the little dude.

I tried to look up the Lee guy on the MMA website, but was unable to find him.

Your talking about Cung Lee or Kung Lee, he's a tough son of a gun. Dat Nguyen was a football star at Texas A&M University (all American) and with the Dallas Cowboys, he's from down here in Rockport Texas, where his family still lives. The man was awesome! There is a large community of Vietnamese-Americans down here, they came to the Texas coast when they escaped Vietnam in 1974-75. The Rockport H.S. footbal team has several kids of Vietnamese heritage playing for them, they were all inspired by Dat.

Your talking about Cung Lee or Kung Lee' date=' he's a tough son of a gun. Dat Nguyen was a football star at Texas A&M University (all American) and with the Dallas Cowboys, he's from down here in Rockport Texas, where his family still lives. The man was awesome! There is a large community of Vietnamese-Americans down here, they came to the Texas coast when they escaped Vietnam in 1974-75. The Rockport H.S. footbal team has several kids of Vietnamese heritage playing for them, they were all inspired by Dat.[/quote']

I understand most of the Gulf shrimp fishing industry is operated by the Vietnamese-Americans.

My father did the same thing for me in the late 50'S. We lived in Japan and the kids are well trained from an early age on protection and disaplen. I was the only american kid in mamasons apartments. I got to hang with the other kids at the fish market. They used to chew on raw squid tentecales like candy. I guess thats why I like sushi And never had a cavity. Also got to train with them. And this is before it was cool in the United States. The training keeps me focused, And saved my back side in some fights I tried to walk away from. #-o When I got older my father brought human shaped Silhouettes To learn Knife throwing. What a blast. Vietnamese are the ones that made my 12 string.

6.jpg

4-1.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

It sounds as good as it looks.

I'm a big UFC fan.

Is anyone else hating on Brock Lesner but secretly thinking he's a badass?

Brock is a MONSTER athlete, He's freakin huge, strong and fast. Can you imagine getting hit by one of his ham sized fists? I wish we could go back in time, get the young Royce Gracie, bring him back into the future and have him fight Lesner. =D>

I know that somebody will come along and beat Lesnar...But who and when is yet to be determined. He will keep getting stronger and more experienced.

I'm thinking about purchasing the upcoming pay-per-view match between Penn and St. Pierre. It should be a good one. Go St. Pierre!=D>

My father did the same thing for me in the late 50'S. We lived in Japan and the kids are well trained from an early age on protection and disaplen. I was the only american kid in mamasons apartments. I got to hang with the other kids at the fish market. They used to chew on raw squid tentecales like candy. I guess thats why I like sushi And never had a cavity. Also got to train with them. And this is before it was cool in the United States. The training keeps me focused' date=' And saved my back side in some fights I tried to walk away from. =D> When I got older my father brought human shaped Silhouettes To learn Knife throwing. What a blast. Vietnamese are the ones that made my 12 string.

[img']http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq347/steven-tari/6.jpg[/img]

4-1.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

It sounds as good as it looks.

Drop dead beautiful axe, Steven.

I'm hooked and I watch nearly every paperview. Gibson guitars and MMA...that's Are Nine in a nut shell.

I remember watching UFC 1 live, it was great! I've missed two or three of them in the past year but by buddy has them all on DVD.

Favorite fighters are Wanderlei Silva (although I think he's just about done) and Fedor Emelianenko...always have been and always will be.

I'm still saddened that UFC bought pride. I do prefer the octagon over the boxing ring but Pride did have it's share of great moments.

Brock is a MONSTER athlete' date=' He's freakin huge, strong and fast. Can you imagine getting hit by one of his ham sized fists? I wish we could go back in time, get the young Royce Gracie, bring him back into the future and have him fight Lesner. =P~

I know that somebody will come along and beat Lesnar...But who and when is yet to be determined. He will keep getting stronger and more experienced.

I'm thinking about purchasing the upcoming pay-per-view match between Penn and St. Pierre. It should be a good one. Go St. Pierre!=D> [/quote']

He's like the terminator. He keeps learning and eventually will crush everyone. His fight against Mir had me pissed. I could not beleive they gave a pro wrestler a chance to fight a former champ. And he almost had Mir. But then they let him back to own Herring, who by the way is a joke. I still think the title shot was undeserved and Couture was not ready for it.

The heavy weights are a joke right now so I doubt he'll be beat anytime soon. Fedor looks like the only interesting fight right now.

St Pierre all the way!

Archived