Gibson Brands Forums

Listen to bart

blindboygrunt

Absolutely true. Finally some "words of wisdom" that will make an impact. Something that will make us cease this reckless behavior. I have no doubt that we will all soon feel an atmosphere of calm settling over our lives. [thumbup] BBG, thanks for all of what must have been weeks of historical research in order to find these words for us. You are truly a saint...............I'd write more praises of you, but I'm on my way to see a J50.

Hey, there's something to this. It works. Kind of. I went and saw this J50 again. As I played it I kept repeating to myself, "I do not need another guitar." And I didn't. I didn't buy the guitar. It may have had a bit to do with the fact that the more I played the guitar, the more I figured that mojo only goes so far and wasn't even worth the 675 they came down to. As I said "I do not need another guitar," I was also saying, "The hell with this. I can use the 675 on one I really want.".......In my case (and I know I'm not alone), I suspect it has nothing to do with how effective the help is. It has more to do with if we actually want help. [thumbup]

Don't forget the 'Do You Have Too Many Guitars?' chart that is around here somewhere.....I have it on my blown up and framed on my music room wall.

I staved off some fever for a D18e or a 00-15e, both with the Aura system included, by buying a Fishman Neo-D soundhole pickup to electrify guitars I have that don't have a pickup. Playing those through the gadgetry is ...gulp.....almost like playing new guitars.....no, not really, but.....

There was a close call at the music shop, but luckily the guitar that caught my eye was way down the end of the shop and 3 guitars up ...literally top shelf, and it had a electronic anti-theft device and the salespeople were busy with 4 or 5 customers lined up at the counter.....

See, that was close!

Anyway, the Guitar Fairies have been watching intently as BK777FumbleThumbs hovers over guitar fronts with screwdriver in hand as he swaps the pickup from guitar to guitar......

BluesKing777.

Archived