Gibson Brands Forums

More new 2016 Gibson models?

Jesse_Dylan

Just had I look at the site , the J200 in Trans Cherry really floats my boat . But I must agree the aged top J200 is one killer guitar . The only problem I would find it very hard to take a guitar like that out of the house or to gigs , the J45 is bad enough

Just had I look at the site , the J200 in Trans Cherry really floats my boat . But I must agree the aged top J200 is one killer guitar . The only problem I would find it very hard to take a guitar like that out of the house or to gigs , the J45 is bad enough

I thought about that, too... Even if I could swing the money for a J-200 ultimate (or even a J-200 standard for that matter), it might end up like my Hummingbird, only coming out for special occasions...

So maybe for me it will come down to red spruce J-185 vs SJ-100 Walnut. Unless I'm miraculously able to try all three and truly do prefer an SJ-200... in which case I'll just bide my time.

I'm loving having my J-15, taking it all over the place, even plugging it in if I need to, not worrying about it. Maybe I'll get brave with my Bird soon.

I think it is cool the CF-100 has been revived. That and the Kay K-27 Jumbo remain the only acoustics with a cutaway I have ever given a second glance.

Lots of stuff for the well-heeled crowd.

But an Ultimate True Vintage? Too funny.

I with ZW -the CF-100 looks fabulous!!!

I wonder if they are going to bring out a P90 pickup version like the old ones?

If not, the Fishman Blackstack would do it!

BluesKing777.

Edit..... And I see my signature guitar, the Blues King, is now called the L-00 Standard!

Do I need to change my name to be current and up to date....or do I go retro?

• 4 weeks later...

Consider this modest observation about red spruce and rosewood J-185s: this J-185 from 2011 (the 60th anniversary of the model) is a Wildwood New Vintage Exotic model customized with Adirondack red spruce top and braces (attached with hide glue), ebony fingerboard and bridge, Kluson tuners, and burled Indian rosewood back and sides. I've been flat picking it for the last four years. Here is what I found: it lacks the round, assertive bass of an ideal bluegrass rhythm instrument, but it has the bottom end for most other uses. Mid-range separation and higher is never muddy, and it has the clarity and sustain of a good Martin dreadnought. It's just a matter of taste, but I prefer this J-185 to others with maple and plain EIR backs that I have owned.

post-30540-018845200 1444505504_thumb.jpg

post-30540-098822400 1444505534_thumb.jpg

post-30540-015699800 1444505689_thumb.jpg

Archived