Gibson Brands Forums

It really is the 80s again... New Def Leppard song

Rabs

To me, Def Lep is one of those bands I don't really call myself a fan, but have a lot of respect for- basically for putting out some good music.

Kinda like John Mellencamp.

Never had any of their records (who needs to when it's on the radio as much...again, repect). But totally agree, "old" Leopard would be pre-hysteria, and even to some degree pre-photograph. Quite a difference in a lot of ways.

Oh, gotta add huge props for a band that can stay at it with what they have been up against.

I don't hate them or anything, they are great at what they do and its upbeat 'teenage party in the 80's' music, but even On Through the Night was way too polished for my taste and it just became even more so with each passing album. I find their music a bit frustrating to be honest, but good luck to them - they do seem like decent blokes.

Well they strived to be commercial from the beginning, even On Through The Night was more commercial than expected for what I know, then High N Dry is a well put together record, Pyromania achieved that great balance between commercial appeal and hard rock but after that it just became too pop for my taste.

I came to terms with no liking them back then, all I wish is that Pyromania was properly remastered, I have reissue, 180 gram and all and still sounds as flat as the original.

Archived