Gibson Brands Forums

What does the "SR" mean in "new 2015 SR Standard"?

skilsaw

It means "Sprint Run". Like when I have Chipotle Chipolte a burrito for lunch.

rct

You sound a bit like Eric Cartman there :D

This is the official garb

Some guitarists of a more "traditional" persuasion should jump at this incredible opportunity - a limited-run of very affordable Gibson 2015 models with more "classic" specs! Gibson USA was recently inspired by an unanticipated production opportunity in the Nashville factory that led to the introduction of a small batch “Sprint Run” series of 2015 models. These guitars feature the original Gibson neck width and a traditional set of machine heads and tuners. Available for this limited-run only.

Features:

•Original Gibson neck width

•Traditional set of machine heads and tuners

•Other specs same as 2015 Les Paul Studio specs

•No weight relief

•Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut

•Thicker, sanded, buffed and oiled Rosewood fingerboard

•Pearl Inlays

•Removable Pickguard

You guys get South Park???!!

rct

Yup :)..... But ive also been watching since the first internet short Jesus vs Santa :)

Its gotten a bit boring these days with Parker and Stone just politic bashing....

Team America was hilarious though.

You can check out the number of production pieces at GC just pick any version and scroll down till you see the number produced for each guitar and their respective finishes. I bought one and really like it.

I know a lot of people hate the signature, the hologram and the brass nut, but I like my guitar a lot. The only thing I'm glad it doesn't have is the G Force tuning system. The tuners are different too. The detachable pick guard is great and quick to remove and fretting is easy. If you can tolerate the head and the hologram logo it is an awesome guitar for the money. Cheap for a Standard IMHO.

Archived