Gibson Brands Forums

Mic Stands?

surfpup

I'm in need of some recommendations for folding boom style microphone stands. My band started the year with a set of stands from MF that were a "bestseller" and 40 gigs in they are pretty much wrecked (and we aren't really that hard on gear). I need something durable enough to stand up to regular gigs and being tossed into a gear bag once a week. Doesn't seem like to much to ask, eh? Anyone got any good recommendations for something durable but not outrageously expensive (We can't afford Latch Lake stands [biggrin] ) Thanks in advance!

It's my opinion that the German made "K&M" (Konig and Meyer) are the best tripod stands in the business. I've been carrying around the same set in a duffle bag for about 20 years.

I believe these are the ones we have:

http://produkte.k-m.de/en/Mic-stands/Floor-stands/201-2-Microphone-stand-black

I then put short, extendable, booms on them with ribber mic clips. The only repairs I remember was when some drunk grabbed a mic stand on his way to the floor as he was falling over a monitor. As they are (were) distributed in the U.S. by "Ultimate", repair parts were only a phone call (and credit card) away. Ultimate is VERY easy to deal with for repair parts.

The K&M stands ARE sold by the catalog/on-line/big box retailers, ask for them by name.

I'm kinda embarrassed to say, but in any band I've ever been in, the other members have always had that kind of stuff, so I don't think about it much. But I can say that I've never noticed any issues with any mic stand we've ever used. I guess I just took it for granted that those things last forever. :-k

It's my opinion that the German made "K&M" (Konig and Meyer) are the best tripod stands in the business. I've been carrying around the same set in a duffle bag for about 20 years.

I believe these are the ones we have:

http://produkte.k-m....one-stand-black

I then put short, extendable, booms on them with ribber mic clips. The only repairs I remember was when some drunk grabbed a mic stand on his way to the floor as he was falling over a monitor. As they are (were) distributed in the U.S. by "Ultimate", repair parts were only a phone call (and credit card) away. Ultimate is VERY easy to deal with for repair parts.

The K&M stands ARE sold by the catalog/on-line/big box retailers, ask for them by name.

same opinion here. It's all I use.

Archived