Gibson Brands Forums

New to forum, looking for new gibson...

sixstringbandit

Unless I've missed something (entirely possible)' date=' there don't appear to be any guitars featured on the Music Villa website. Is that the case?[/quote']

No, they don't list them. But they can get you whatever you want. They usually have it in stock but if not, it doesn't take them too long to get it. Also, since they are the factory showcase dealer in Bozeman, their stock is always top notch.

Unless I've missed something (entirely possible)' date=' there don't appear to be any guitars featured on the Music Villa website. Is that the case?[/quote']

i was on there the other day hoping to glim an sj200. was very disappointed to be unable to view any of their inventory (i had forgotten they don't post their stuff as i stopped visiting the site. i mean, why would you?). i wonder how much more business they would do if they did post their stuff. when i was looking to buy a roy smeck re-issue, i'd seen one on fullers site but called music villa to see what they had as a comparison. they had one from the same limited run, kindly emailed me some pics and quoted me significantly over a grand more than what i finally paid fullers for the one i bought. every guitar i've bought from fullers, i've spent some time lusting/drooling over the images on their web site for a bit before committing. don't mean to slag MV but i guess if you want to sell guitars to folks outside of montana, you should step up your game. i'm sure the measly thousands of dollars i've spent at fullers over the last 2 years wouldn't mean much to MV. sorry if this sounds like a rant. it isn't meant to be. i'm sure they're very fine folks over there. and if i'm ever in montana, i'll be sure to stop in, take a look around and if i see something i can't live without, i'll call jeremy at fullers.

i was on there the other day hoping to glim an sj200. was very disappointed to be unable to view any of their inventory (i had forgotten they don't post their stuff as i stopped visiting the site. i mean' date=' why would you?). i wonder how much more business they would do if they did post their stuff. when i was looking to buy a roy smeck re-issue, i'd seen one on fullers site but called music villa to see what they had as a comparison. they had one from the same limited run, kindly emailed me some pics and quoted me significantly over a grand more than what i finally paid fullers for the one i bought. every guitar i've bought from fullers, i've spent some time lusting/drooling over the images on their web site for a bit before committing. don't mean to slag MV but i guess if you want to sell guitars to folks outside of montana, you should step up your game. i'm sure the measly thousands of dollars i've spent at fullers over the last 2 years wouldn't mean much to MV. sorry if this sounds like a rant. it isn't meant to be. i'm sure they're very fine folks over there. and if i'm ever in montana, i'll be sure to stop in, take a look around and if i see something i can't live without, i'll call jeremy at fullers.[/quote']

Boy do I agree with you. I've tried to view MV's site and was dissapointed that they don't list their stock or have pictures. If I was to buy a new Gibson, Fullers would most likely get my business.

Gotta agree with Jannusguy. The site is a disappointment, regardless of the reason. It's hard enough when you can't play them in person, but when you can't even see them... well that's just buying a pig in a poke, as my folks would say.

And again, not to take anything from MV, because I do hear great things about them.

I'm just sayin'

Archived