Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar store in D.C

Flight959

The first one that comes to mind is Washington Music Center ( also called Chuck Levin's). It's in Wheaton Md. right outside of DC. Been there for years and has great selection and knowledgeable staff.

I can't think of any music stores in Georgetown. But my friend and bandmate Ed, who passed away last year, owned a barber shop called Georgetown Hairstyling. I believe his family still runs it. If anyone need a good haircut check it out in the middle of historic Georgetown. Very nice little old style barber shop.

Enjoy your stay. Give me a shout if you are up further north toward Annapolis or Baltimore. B)

TBH guys... if I can't get there by the Metro or bus then its a little too far! I was only after some Fret Doctor which is both hard to get or expensive in the UK.

Regards

So what else are you doing while you're here? I know you're a great photographer, so I have to assume you are getting some good shots.

Georgetown used to be a great place for live music with clubs like The Bayou. Not as many cool clubs any more, but it's still a nice town with a lot to do.

Hope you post some photos of your trip.

Thanks Saturn...

I didnt bring a camera with me. It would take over my trip a little too much. I did however bring my smartphone... ive taken a few snaps on that... I will post when im back home...

As for Georgetown.... I loved it. Spent the day there yesterday... great vibe... reminds me of New England...

They way the Americans do a Memorial... just amazing!!

Off to Arlington Cemetery...

Regards

They way the Americans do a Memorial... just amazing!!

Off to Arlington Cemetery...

Nice time to be there! Enjoy. I always end up there in January (yearly field trip with a bunch of students) and it's brutally cold then. I'm frozen before a half hour is up and those guys are up there at the top of the hill guarding the Tomb of the Unknowns in 2 hour shifts with the wind whipping!

Here's the routine btw, if you are interested...

March 21 steps south down the black mat laid across the Tomb.

Turn and face east, toward the Tomb, for 21 seconds.

Turn and face north, changes weapon to outside shoulder, and wait 21 seconds.

March 21 steps down the mat.

Turn and face east for 21 seconds.

Turn and face south, change weapon to outside shoulder, and wait 21 seconds.

Repeats the routine until relieved of duty at the Changing of the Guard in 2 hours

TBH guys... if I can't get there by the Metro or bus then its a little too far! I was only after some Fret Doctor which is both hard to get or expensive in the UK.

Regards

Guitarr Center in Rockville. Take the metro (red line) to the Twinbrook station. you can walk to the store from there. Its just another guitar center, but they got a whole lot of guitars!.

Nice time to be there! Enjoy. I always end up there in January (yearly field trip with a bunch of students) and it's brutally cold then. I'm frozen before a half hour is up and those guys are up there at the top of the hill guarding the Tomb of the Unknowns in 2 hour shifts with the wind whipping!

Here's the routine btw, if you are interested...

March 21 steps south down the black mat laid across the Tomb.

Turn and face east, toward the Tomb, for 21 seconds.

Turn and face north, changes weapon to outside shoulder, and wait 21 seconds.

March 21 steps down the mat.

Turn and face east for 21 seconds.

Turn and face south, change weapon to outside shoulder, and wait 21 seconds.

Repeats the routine until relieved of duty at the Changing of the Guard in 2 hours

Thanks surf,

I did watch them change...twice... Visiting Arlington was a high point for us in Washington.. very impressive... very moving... the sound of saluting gunfire around the cemetery really moved me. 27 funerals on the day we visited.

Regards

Archived