Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson j45 adj

JonBrown

thanks for the info, I tried uploading a pic but it gives me an error message saying it's too big.

Go to the "Forum Feedback" section, and review the "how to post photos" thread. Basically, you need to use a free external photo hosting site like photobucket, and copy and past from that to this forum. It may sound complicated, but it really isn't. Even a geezer like me can do it.

hmm might need another pick from the front- is it cherry sunburst? that would be more mid-60s, vintage sunburst came back towards the end.

great guitars, i have a 68. swapped the rosewood bridge for a bone one (yours might have ceramic) but both sounded great.

enjoy!

A shot of the back of the headstock might be useful, to determine if the tuners with chrome buttons are original. Measure the nut width, and verify whether it is 1 9/16" or 1 11/16". It looks narrow to me from the photos. It also looks like a nicely-faded cherryburst.

My initial reaction is that 1965 seems reasonable, in the absence of other evidence to the contrary.

Archived