Gibson Brands Forums

Parabolas and the Electric Guitar

glp2012

DelSonix says that its clip-on guitar speaker can give a solid body electric a 10 dB sonic boost, which can be directed straight at the player. The implication is that it is a "speaker" and will "boost" the sound. Nice idea, but it seems to use the idea of a parabola to project the sound back at you. Kinda like a satellite dish. This item will This item is $26 dollars. Instead, take a clothes pin, a popsicle stick, and some plastic and fashion one yourself.

Great project for the next Holiday!

http://www.gizmag.com/delsonix-clip-on-guitar-speaker/41109/

I used to press the headstock of my bass against the case when I was in school. Back befor portable pocket amps were out there.

yup, that was trick from back in the day, also used to plug my head phones into my dirt pedal, of coarse it didnt sound good, was only in one ear, but I could hear it. Also a time when all head phones had 1/4 jacks

- 'The precision machined tube, or pick-up post, is fashioned from Douglas Fir and has a "specifically designed resonating gap at the bottom." '

](*,) ](*,)

The Douglas Fir tree was probably old growth and had a Spotted Owl nest in it before this enviro-terrorist company cut it down. Shame on them.

Archived