Gibson Brands Forums

1941 Gibson SJ-100

PinoyGibson

I've been eyeing this guitar since it came to one of our Long & Mcquade stores here in Calgary in early 2014. Fast forward to 2016 and the guitar was on sale for half the price due to inventory clear out! I guess it was fate. I love this guitar and it sounds quite different from my regular SJ-200.

20160222_145339.png

20160222_134617.jpg

20160222_134640.jpg

20160222_134652.jpg

20160222_145042.png.jpeg

Very nice. Not too many contemporary Gibsons have that style headstock logo, let alone the stair step firestripe guard and batwing bridge.

Calgary L & M? One of our forum members is, I believe, on staff there- drathbun, here on the forum.

So, which one is the more quiet of the two? ; ) Have an enjoyable time listening to, and playing them both.

A video review would be great. Happy NGD.

Very nice. Not too many contemporary Gibsons have that style headstock logo, let alone the stair step firestripe guard and batwing bridge.

Calgary L & M? One of our forum members is, I believe, on staff there- drathbun, here on the forum.

So, which one is the more quiet of the two? ; ) Have an enjoyable time listening to, and playing them both.

A video review would be great. Happy NGD.

To my ears the SJ-100 is louder than the "King of the Flattops" and has a warmer, richer tone obviously due to the mahogany back and sides. It also weighs a lot less than the SJ-200.

Sweet! The super jumbos are like thunder-in-a-wooden-box. It will be interesting to hear you play it. ..........Funny how life just happens. You've wanted it for almost two years and now you've got it at a great price. Good for you, my friend. [thumbup]

Yeah my friend, sometimes life has a funny way of giving you what you've always wanted. [smile]

New Guitar Day is always a good day..... especially when it is Half Price Guitar Day!

She is beautiful! It's also really cool that you didn't just get A guitar because they had a sale.... you got THE guitar that you had been wanting. That's awesome.

Keith

New Guitar Day is always a good day..... especially when it is Half Price Guitar Day!

She is beautiful! It's also really cool that you didn't just get A guitar because they had a sale.... you got THE guitar that you had been wanting. That's awesome.

Keith

Thank you and I agree! Now I just need to control my GAS ailment before it gets out of hand! [laugh]

Twice I've played a variety of Gibson's in a large music shop in Sydney.And I enjoyed this model over all the others at the time.Beautiful sounding guitars.

Great review Pinoy, nice variety in your playing [thumbup] .

Thanks flatbaroque, variety is indeed the spice of life! [thumbup]

Archived