Gibson Brands Forums

Wiggle room on Price of a new guitar?

BirdMan81

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shipping from the Hollywood CA store got delayed. The Guitar should be in Boston this friday....Stay tuned....Not really sure what I'm gonna do...Still entertaining an HD28 Vintage, Hummingbird Standard, or SJ200 Vintage/Standard. I started another thread earlier about my concerns of a wearing off pick guard design on the Hummingbird or SJ200 Vintage series. These pick guards are hand painted and the designs tend to rub off in a matter of weeks (as we have all discussed many time on this board)...the alternatives would be:

1.) Let it wear off and not care!

2.) Repair or paint it myself

3.) Let it wear off and ask gibson for a "Flubber Guard" to replace it

4.) Buy a standard version of either guitar

5.) Skip the headache and go for an HD-28V

Like i said step ONE will be playing the Hummingbird Vintage when it comes in. They also have 2 HD-28Vs

Shipping from the Hollywood CA store got delayed. The Guitar should be in Boston this friday....Stay tuned....Not really sure what I'm gonna do...Still entertaining an HD28 Vintage, Hummingbird Standard, or SJ200 Vintage/Standard. I started another thread earlier about my concerns of a wearing off pick guard design on the Hummingbird or SJ200 Vintage series. These pick guards are hand painted and the designs tend to rub off in a matter of weeks (as we have all discussed many time on this board)...the alternatives would be:

Like i said step ONE will be playing the Hummingbird Vintage when it comes in. They also have 2 HD-28Vs

I am the square peg in this forum of round holes.

#5.

Or an OM-28, I prefer the smaller size.

Good luck, all of your potential buys are just spank tacular guitars.

rct

#1. it's a guitar. it's going to wear. i think they look cool when half worn anyway.

Keith

#6!

I must have missed something . . .

You were pretty clear your three choices were an H'Bird, a Martin HD28 , or a J45/So.Jumbo.

Now it seems you have made a 180. Where did the SJ200 come from?

You may need to take a breath and focus: The SJ200 is as far from an H'bird as you can get.

I'm going to reserve any further comments until you've made a decision

Archived