Gibson Brands Forums

Difference between lp traditional and plaintop traditional

hoross

Well strange but cant find a normal traditional 2016 here around my country altough i purchased recently the 2016 lp traditional plaintop limited edition.

I will get my lp traditional plaintop this week but im very curious whats the difference with the normal traditional anyone know?

ok so i guess thats the only difference ,i thought there were differences with the pickups i just read 57 classic and 57 classic plus altough the normal traditional got 57 classic alnico 2 and 57 classic plus alnico 2

dont really know just read that.

Thanks guys for the answers

yeah well i ment the plain top got 57 classic and 57 classic plus and the normal traditional got the same just alnico 2 thats what i just read on sweetwater :)

but im happy the plain top got non weight relief the sound will be better for sure in my opinion

Yes, I understood. But '57 Classics are made exclusively with AlNiCo II - nothing else.

For example, if You take a '57 Classic Plus pickup, and replace the magnet with AlNiCo V type, You will end up with something like a 498T. Why would Gibson do that?

Bence.

yeah well i ment the plain top got 57 classic and 57 classic plus and the normal traditional got the same just alnico 2 thats what i just read on sweetwater :)

but im happy the plain top got non weight relief the sound will be better for sure in my opinion

Wait until yours arrives, then take it to a store and compare it with others.

Don't be surprised if you find one maybe a wheight relived with different pickups that sounds and feels better than yours.

Archived