Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J-15 Bone Saddle and Nut and Jescar Fret Wire FW58118-EVO

B1ues Boy

I took my Gibson J-15 down to get set up with a Bone Saddle and Nut with a K & K Western Pure Mini and Jumbo Fret wire 118x058 Jescar Gold

I learned about the Jumbo Fret Wire enhancing the sound of guitars "Mostly Old Martins"

from Dan Lashbrook

So I found a Guitar Tech in Van Nuys Ca "Eric's Guitar Shop" http://www.ericsguitarshop.com/ Eric did a excellent job on all the work

I picked it up today and I'm very happy with the sound, my J-15 was very good sounding before but had some odd sounding mid frequencies that I hear on a lot of newer J-45s with Tusq Saddles after the setup I'm thrilled with how it plays and sounds "arguably" more 1930 Gibson sounding

The Fret Wire FW58118-EVO .118″ X .058 (2.99 X 1.47 mm) EVO Ni-Free Gold

Hey B1ues Boy,

Got a bone saddle put in mine too. And in my case, much more sustain and better bass. Almost sounded like a different guitar. Maybe there was something wrong with the stock saddle, I don't know, but big improvement on my J-15.

I really like the Jumbo Fret wire too bending the strings is effortless and IMHO the tone and playability was enhanced in all aspects

I'm now going to save up and get this done to my Gibson Southern Jumbo 12 fret Special

I just love these frets

Archived