Gibson Brands Forums

Another pile of poo on ebay

AS90

We have reported plenty on here that have been allowed to run. If Gibson get involved they usually go pretty quickly.

Hi AS90 it's good to see others on the case of these scammers but not so good these trading sites don't always take action. Apart from fake guitars there has recently been a spate of hijacked ebay accounts offering a 1st run LP robot for silly money, all the signs are there bad english and instructions to contact outside of ebay. I had to report this one 6 times in a week, same ad different accounts.

Just hoping there ain't gonna be some organised crime monkeys knocking on my door, but I hate to see people getting ripped off!!

We have reported plenty on here that have been allowed to run. If Gibson get involved they usually go pretty quickly.

I have never actualy seen any evidence of Gibson getting involved in these transactions. Gibson is a huge corporation and Iam sure if they were that determined to stop these fakes appearing on online sites in the first place then they would have a dedicated couple of employees who's responsibility it would be to contact ebay directly.... I dont like seeing anyone getting ripped off but lets face it if the item is of a high value then its always gonna get faked! Period!

Flight959

I have never actualy seen any evidence of Gibson getting involved in these transactions. Gibson is a huge corporation and Iam sure if they were that determined to stop these fakes appearing on online sites in the first place then they would have a dedicated couple of employees who's responsibility it would be to contact ebay directly.... I dont like seeing anyone getting ripped off but lets face it if the item is of a high value then its always gonna get faked! Period!

Flight959

Customer Services posted a few months ago asking us to forward any adverts or auctions of fake Gibsons to them.

Here's a good link for eBayers.

http://reviews.ebay.ie/BEWARE-OF-COUNTERFEIT-FAKE-USED-TOP-BRAND-NAME-GUITARS_W0QQugidZ10000000002129834

I did a little research on the legal penalties for selling counterfeit items, and it seems to vary from state to state. In most states, they confiscate the item and fine you for a first offence, but if the item sells for over $400, it's an automatic felony. Second offences are felony charges, no matter the sale price of the items.

It seems the laws have changed recently in most states. They've found that simply fining the sellers does little to stop the counterfeit trade, but the jail time gets their attention. The sellers will usually either stop selling, or move on to a state that has softer laws.

...oh man... now those are good fakes...

just kidding...

(but they are nice gibsons indeed!):)

I know, cause I carved them myself :-$

but seriously thanks man. Does anyone know why Gibson can't/hasn't sued these chinese counterfeitors? must be some kind of internation laws

Im glad ppl on here are on the look out for these fakes though and I will post any that I find myself.

Archived