Gibson Brands Forums

Another pile of poo on ebay

AS90

One of the worst fakes I've seen in the last 6 months... (I thought some things would have been taken care of by most of them counterfeiters by now).

You know what I find more stupid? Those stupid cases they come with. "Original gibson case" (yeah right... wouldnt it be cheaper to paint the correct damn logo?).

And some of them say "comes with the original MADE IN USA gibson case..." (I thought they were canadian...)

He just emailed me saying "it cant be fake I paid £3200 for it". I feel sorry for him if he did.

He is full of it... he doesnt even write correctly. He might be chinese. Most of those guys will say they paid top bucks for their piece of sh-t and they will even say they bought it from a reputable gibson dealer...

You know what you can do? Now that you have interacted (via mail) with the guy, you should tell him to come to the forum and show us his real (signed!) ZW custom...

Definately a fake, reported to ebay last night. Having been informed of this he should have removed from sale immediately or amended the ad to state that it is a copy. I feel sorry for the guy if he did pay 3k+ for it but IMO trying to pass on your mistakes to another unsuspecting individual makes you as much of a low life as the originator of this fake.

He told me he has withdrawn it while he gets it checked out, he claims he bought it off a friend but he watched his friend buy it online through google shop. I dont believe him, I looked at his feedback and found a few remarks left by Chinese sellers who are no longer on ebay, he probably bought it off one of them for £200 knowing it was a fake.

its still up' date=' so he hasnt taken it down. Made in usa hahaha its like they dont even know they are trying to sell custon guitars. And you are right, gibson cases are made in canada. [/quote']

...oh man... now those are good fakes...

just kidding...

(but they are nice gibsons indeed!):-&

its still up' date=' so he hasnt taken it down. Made in usa hahaha its like they dont even know they are trying to sell custon guitars. And you are right, gibson cases are made in canada. [/quote']

He has ended the auction.

why does this kid need emg's to retardedly strum power chords?

god awful

:- they really suck dont they?

Hey AS90, not that you asked, but I still think the guy knew from day 1 that guitar is a fake... maybe he bought it from china thinking he was getting a deal... but when he posted it, he must have known... (once you have one in your hands its very difficult to think you are holding the legendary les paul)

What happens if a potential buyer reports the guitar as fake to Ebay? They have a mechanism for dealing with fakes "Ebay Security Center" here in the states.

Already done it is now removed from ebay I regularly report fake items to the ebay safety team and they are always dealt with promptly.

Already done it is now removed from ebay I regularly report fake items to the ebay safety team and they are always dealt with promptly.

They have a program called "Vero".

It's a list of manufacturers who actively protectect their items against couterfiet sales on Ebay. If you report an item that is Veroed, it will usually be dealt with rather quickly.

The only real problem is that someone has to be savvy enough to know the difference, and have the knowledge of how to report the listings. Not something Ebay likes to make easy or well known. They don't want to scare off buyers by advertising the fact that the item they are bidding on may be fake.

If you really want to see some fakes, check out the designer handbag section. Probably one out of three is a fake, and they sell for BIG bucks.

Also, the rare CD and DVD sections are chock full. Beware folks.

We have reported plenty on here that have been allowed to run. If Gibson get involved they usually go pretty quickly.

Archived