Gibson Brands Forums

this just did not happen!

kidblast

Those mandolin slicers are crap IMO, I had one. Dangerous and inefficient.

Well, I'll disagree to a point. There are basically two things that I don't scrimp on. One is luggage, and the other is kitchen utensils. I only buy chef's quality stuff (especially sharp things LOL). If you buy the cheap $hit like the link I posted, that's what you're gonna get. I've used my mandolin several times since the "incident" and have no qualms about it, as long as I use the f'ing guard LOL.

well the stitches are out, (had to go a day early due to schedules at my primary care.

Doc says looks like it's healing great, I can move to liquid band aids if I want. Says "be careful with the playing, don't tear it opened.."

yea, I'm with ya man!

with a pick no problem, the cut s far enough away from where the index finger is involved. Finger picking, not quite there yet.

Glad to hear all is going well. I remember the ER Doc telling me to "Make sure YOUR Doctor" takes these bandages off within 72 hours. I later found out from my doctor that the ER guy was concerned with infection. Fortunately, as in your case, all was well.

Mark King, bassist of Level 42, gashed his thumb while on a gig many years ago.

He wrapped electrical tape all around it, and soldiered on.

Blood all over his snow-white bass guitar.

And he's been playing with electrical tape on that same thumb ever since.

Just saying....

[crying]

mark-king-bass.jpeg

infection was a concern, but I kept it well covered and loaded up with bacitration ointment. played for a few hours last night, for a bit without a dressing, then with one that's small enough to manage.

the worse is clearly over at this point.

kitchen utensils are no longer on my list of "things I like to play with"..

electrical tape huh? interesting!!!

Archived