Gibson Brands Forums

Wild West Saloon Piano

Lars68

Yes, real good on the guitar. The piano a good sound, but on this kind of song I'd rather hear a sad harmonica. Depends on what you like.......Keep playing, Lars. [thumbup]

MP, unfortunately I don't know how to play the harmonica, and none of my friends do either. I agree it would fit the mood of the song perfectly.

My lovely neighbor is the one playing the piano. She also did the version below with the organ. After a couple of listens, I do prefer it. The sweeping organ fits the song better than the piano.

https://soundcloud.com/lars1968/red-dirt-of-dixie-orgel

Lars

Hey Lars,

Missed this one earlier, but very nice with the organ. I really like folk or country music that's got the guitar in the forefront, with some other instruments mixed in: Be it pedal steel, strings, piano...whatever.

And the organ suits this song great. Nice singing too.

Hey Lars,

Missed this one earlier, but very nice with the organ. I really like folk or country music that's got the guitar in the forefront, with some other instruments mixed in: Be it pedal steel, strings, piano...whatever.

And the organ suits this song great. Nice singing too.

Yes, it turned out quite nice with the organ, I believe. As you might have noticed, I am kind of searching, both when writing and recording. I have a vision of how I want the songs to be, but rarely have the ability to quite get them there. I lack some skllls and experience, but this song is definetely the closest I have come, so far, to that vision. I have another one written that I need to practice and record, and it might very well be a lemon. I have no idea [biggrin]

Lars

The subtle organ was real great touch. The subtle approach is exactly what it need, excellent call Lars. This song it starting to build a real identity now, everything is stronger, guitar, vocals and the new organ. Keep going.

The subtle organ was real great touch. The subtle approach is exactly what it need, excellent call Lars. This song it starting to build a real identity now, everything is stronger, guitar, vocals and the new organ. Keep going.

Thanks for the encouragement, means a lot!

Lars

Archived