Gibson Brands Forums

Old Sheraton at Daryl's House

Steve112

Nice to see an older Sheri alongside some fine guitars and players. The more videos I scan carefully, the more Epiphones I see. Epi quality is currently at the highest in years, even std. production models.

Billy sure gets some tasty sound from his SG as well.

The more videos I scan carefully, the more Epiphones I see.

I think that most people would be surprised at how many Epi's have made their way into the "mainstream" if you will... I'll admit to owning more than a few of them, but what great bargains they are...

Nice to see an older Sheri alongside some fine guitars and players. The more videos I scan carefully, the more Epiphones I see. Epi quality is currently at the highest in years, even std. production models.

Billy sure gets some tasty sound from his SG as well.

An early Asian model (probably Japanese (Terada factory?)), as it has the slightly narrower "clipped corner" headstock,

which the Kalamazoo USA versions never had. It does have the mini-humbuckers, and compensator tailpiece.

Sounds great, though.

CB

A Sheraton on that tune is very appropriate. "La Grange" is pure John Lee Hooker (a-how-how-how), and John Lee is closely associated with the Sheri, having played one often in his career.

A Sheraton on that tune is very appropriate. "La Grange" is pure John Lee Hooker (a-how-how-how), and John Lee is closely associated with the Sheri, having played one often in his career.

Good of you to point that out, Parabar. Indeed, very appropriate!

Archived