Gibson Brands Forums

Jayhawks tiny desk

blindboygrunt

Tomorrow the green grass is my favourite , but everyone else likes Hollywood town hall

Those two albums above, alongside Trace by Son Volt, are three of my favorite americana albums. By the way, I would put Trace among my personal top ten albums of all time. Simply suberb.

Lars

I'm a mixed Jayhawks fan. I love some of their individual songs a great deal but none of their albums hold me from beginning to end. It's a tall order. Along with the Black Crowes who preceded them by a few years, they seemed too derivative to me at the time. I think the line-up changes caused their records to go into different directions that further confused me. I liked when Mark Olson was in the band, though "The Man Who Loved Life" or whatever it's called is just killer.

To answer you, Lars, NPR is National Public Radio in the US. Syndicated somewhat with local stations choosing how much local stuff vs. national stuff to carry. I don't know how the video component works in conjunction. But I'm glad it does and I'm glad this performance was posted. It makes me think more favorably upon these folks.

You might like Peter Frampton on Tiny Desk, I did!

That was very good! I'm a fan of the Jayhawks and especially like the Hollywood Townhall album.

I have seen a few of these tiny desk shows posted before. Is NPR a radio station and these clips filmed broadcasts?

Lars

Archived