Gibson Brands Forums

I Feel Like I Just Gave Up My Right Kidney

sparquelito

I did not mean to offend, quapman.

The 'giving up my right kidney' was just a spur of the moment analogy.

I might as well have said, "I feel like I just sold off my prize 1971 Mustang Mach 1".

I am happy to hear that you survived the cancer.

Ironically, my own sister in law (who lives near San Antonia, Texas) just gave up her right kidney last month.

She's a fit gal, and learned that one of her best friends in the community needed a kidney, and (after passing all the compatibility tests), both ladies went into the hospital and a successful transplant was achieved.

If it helps any, I really do feel like a complete and utter assshole right now.

[mellow]

No need to feel like that Sparky, you didn't do anything wrong, it was just an expression commonly used. Of course very sorry to hear Quapmans story but inspired by the compassion of your sister.

For what it's worth my daughter lost both her kidneys about 15 years ago and has two transplants that have both failed. She currently dialyses at home every other night herself and never complains for a second. My daughter and your sister Sparky should be inspirations to us all!

For what it's worth my daughter lost both her kidneys about 15 years ago and has two transplants that have both failed. She currently dialyses at home every other night herself and never complains for a second. My daughter and your sister Sparky should be inspirations to us all!

Wow!!

I know you are one proud dad, mate!

Your daughter sounds like quite a trooper.

:)

If it makes you feel any better Sparky, I had around 14 guitars or so, one Banjo and one electric steel guitar and a very expensive concert Amp I sold when I got married to help pay for the honeymoon in Hawaii. Still wish I had the Amp, Gretsch silver metallic solid body guitar, my McCartney style electric 6 string violin shaped guitar and the Ovation classic 12 string electric guitars back. And the Dodge Colt race car that was stolen too. Still think about all those all the time.

If it helps any, I really do feel like a complete and utter assshole right now.

No man! That was not my intent whatsoever. Just keepin it real. It's a guitar.

It can be replaced.

Have no interest in demeaning anyone. I just didn't share in the "loss" is all.

It's all good.

Mate, that's a shocker, hope you are doing fine now - must have been bloody scary.

Good point re perspective, there's way too much suffering out there as it is.

Rock on (carefully) man!

Thanks Bro. Ya it was scary as hell. My kids were small then. It didn't really hit me until I came back from the getting the news and saw them.

But I have a clean bill of health now and I'm good to go. I was lucky and it was caught early.

I'm good.

Archived