Gibson Brands Forums

iSolo Wireless

Buc McMaster

A totally noninvasive wireless pickup system made for acoustic guitar.........what a concept! The Live package is quite interesting, the stomp box-size receiver plugging into whatever amplification system might be used. The microphone has apparently been sonically tailored to avoid the boomy sound an internal mic is often subject to and the lo-cut control on the receiver is further advantage in that regard. For those that play a pickup-less acoustic and don't want to go hacking around to install something this looks like it could be a valid option. Any thoughts?

iSolo Acoustic Pickups

I also read the review when it came out and thought it was still in development stages.

For me....

Problem 1 - the mounting system. I would prefer a more stable soundhole pickup type mount. Pickup falling off with help from the Guitar Fairies in the middle of a gig would sound like the world was ending!

Problem 2 - using only 16 bit electronics in this day and age is pretty ordinary and limiting, 24 bit has been around a long while now.

Problem 3 - the little mic. I have a Fishman Rare Earth Blend with the little boom mic and it is a lot of fiddling to get in position and the sound needs a preamp with eq or it can be 'hollow' sounding inside the guitar.

But if this was a Fishman or Baggs product, I would already own it! And I wonder why they haven't made a wireless pickup?

BluesKing777.

But if this was a Fishman or Baggs product, I would already own it! And I wonder why they haven't made a wireless pickup?

BluesKing777.

It will be interesting to see which company has one first. My bet is LR Baggs.

Archived