Gibson Brands Forums

Upbeat for a change...

Lars68

I'm trying to figure out how to improve some of my songs. The first song I ever wrote has very positive and happy lyrics, but the tempo and fingerpicking style I used to play it in turned it into a mournful, sad song. I thought I should try to do this one in a more upbeat fashion. This is what I came up with.

https://soundcloud.com/lars1968/right-here-with-me

I don't usually feel good about what I manage to put together, but I'm quite happy with this latest reincarnation. Also, if I dare to say so, my singing is better too [biggrin]

How does this one grab you?

Lars

This might be the first time I’ve weighed in on a Lars song, and now there’s good reason. . . this is much more listenable; life can be heavy enough without needing to bring one’s self down with D-minor / A-minor songs. Don’t know if you inbibe in the “adult beverages”, but always hoped you’d have have a shot, kick back and let it rip. Vocals got stronger in this mode, too. Congrats. [smile]

Hey Lars, to me I wouldn't say upbeat...got kind of a nice, wistful vibe which I quite like, Lars. A tune about you discovering the important things in life...Well done.

Thanks, Avery! Yes, it's a song anout the time when my first son had just been born, living in a small apartment, when things started to make sense.

Lars

I'm by no means advocating wine and guitars, but I felt a little inspired, and went back and got the guitar out of the case and tried to improve yet another song. Lars

Wine (or scotch) and guitars make a great combination. Two of my favorite things. Throw a girl wo can sing into the mix, and you're getting close to heaven.

Archived