Gibson Brands Forums

Sound!?

suburude63

There are 2 Bourgeois' at my neighborhood Gibson 5-star dealer. 1 of them is the best sounding guitar in the shop.

(i know, i know there's huge amounts of subjectivity there but this thing is freaking awesome, and it doesn't have someone changing the strings on it every couple of months like the gibson's do, they're old and dark)

why it's been sitting there for so long i certainly can't figure out - but then again i picked up a J45 there that was tied for best sounding guitar in the shop at the time. =D>

You can't use a computer' date=' speakers, digital, internet, crap to debate tone anyhow. An acoustic guitar has to be heard with ears, air, and vibes.

Murph.[/quote']

Murph, I hear ya. But if you're using the same 'computer, speakers, digital, internet, crap' for both guitars you can still get an idea about range, tone, etc.

You can't use a computer' date=' speakers, digital, internet, crap to debate tone anyhow. An acoustic guitar has to be heard with ears, air, and vibes.

Murph.[/quote']

Gotta agree with Murph. Regardless of how sophisticated the computer and speaker

system is, it would not replicate the actual sound you would hear online accurately.

Archived