Gibson Brands Forums

J-200Jr

DuneRoad3

Just picked up a 1993 J-200Jr in Vintage Sunburst

Fantastic guitar to look at and play

I believe these were only made from 1992-1994 ?

Any idea how many were produced ?

Ed

Gibson made 69 in 1991

356 in 1992

252 in 1993 96 were in Vintage Sunburst

34 in 1994

They had them in production up until 2000

I believe these were only made from 1992-1994 ?

Any idea how many were produced ?

Ed

They've done a few runs of these. I have a recent one that I've had a couple years. I just had it to a local tech for a setup and fret dressing...I'm picking it up tomorrow. I think mine was from a batch of fifty if I remember correctly...

Is this guitar along the lines of the Emmy Lou Harris L200? I've played one of those several times over the last several years and it's an "upper tier" guitar in all ways.

actually I think the Emmy lou Harris is a different shape, a L1 decked out like a j200. they went out of the box with that one... The J200 Juniors are basically the same body style as the j180 and 185..

JC any thoughts of selling your Emmy-Lou? eusa_pray.gif

Sadly,

No . It's just too rare .

I think that and the J 200 M are probably some of the rarest gibson acoustics out there as far as lefty instruments go.Both of those have pick ups in them ...Everything else I own is purely acoustic.

JC

Sadly,

No . It's just too rare .

I think that and the J 200 M are probably some of the rarest gibson acoustics out there as far as lefty instruments go.Both of those have pick ups in them ...Everything else I own is purely acoustic.

JC

Lefty EmmyLou.....worth Gold!

The original issue of the of the l200

then a updated version got a little bigger to the 165 size.

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Emmylou-Harris-555.aspx

and theres Not much Rare about those.. 1 of 50 or what ever doesnt mean a thing in new runs of guitars. theyll make more..

But for a lefty they are 😉

Most people don't seem to understand that being left handed is a curse when it comes to guitars.We don't have the wide selection that you guys have... I am a great fan of vintage guitars but lefty vintage guitars are very limited and hard to find.So while there might be different runs of ELH's I can promise there are not many lefties.So from my perspective it is rare. I am hoping that when I pass on from this world a few lucky lefties will appreciate my (by then) vintage guitars .

JC

But for a lefty they are 😉

Most people don't seem to understand that being left handed is a curse when it comes to guitars.We don't have the wide selection that you guys have... I am a great fan of vintage guitars but lefty vintage guitars are very limited and hard to find.So while there might be different runs of ELH's I can promise there are not many lefties.So from my perspective it is rare. I am hoping that when I pass on from this world a few lucky lefties will appreciate my (by then) vintage guitars .

JC

I understand that part... theres always a upcharge too if Im not mistaken.. dont get me wrong about the Rare part.. Reissue after reissue in general of the same guitar with a different name or model designation tagged to it is running thin.. Not just the ELH model, but all of the acoustics.. Martins no different..

Archived