Gibson Brands Forums

VOX VTX 20

JerseyRay

I was going to get a Blues Jr., but then I checked out a baseman... both sound great... but the suckers are like 30+ lb. I already have a big twin, so I was looking for something smaller and light so I picked up a VOX valtronix. I'm playing my SG on it, getting used to all this modeling crap (can't I just have knobs) [tongue]

I'm still up in the air, if I'm going to keep it. It got good reviews... anyone else using one of these...

Do you have to plug in into a PC t program or edit it?

Usually the supplied tone/patches on these things are OTT.

Yea, so I don't know anything about that stuff, beyond me.... that's sort of why I never paid much attention to these.. looked too complicated. But I've figured out how to use the different amps, but I'm mostly using the fender twin, tube turned on, some gain and reverb. It sounds OK. Not bad for a little 8" speaker. I may end up keeping it. Yea, it has a pre amp tube, they call it a hybrid....

I think you have it right. Try out all the sounds first & then stick with the one that appeals.

I always favoured the sound of a Fender Twin Reverb too.

Although I dont know the VTX20, if its anything like most digital processors, it is worth getting your hands dirty by using the edit facility. You have nothing to lose.

the deep editing is the thing, and it's a blast with these various modeling amps. I have a few of the Fender Mustangs (III and IV), for the money you invest in these kind of amps, s crazy what you can do with them.

Yeah, I got the older AD30VT. I'm no big amp connoisseur, but I like it just fine, especially the effects.

I had one before I switched to the mustangs. Decent amp and w/ some great sounds, and it was a pretty loud for 30 watts and a 10" spkr

A bit limited in functions and program/switching etc. But still a really nice little amp for it's time.

Archived