Gibson Brands Forums

Used Up......

Murph

Isn't he in a studio environment to begin with ?

Yeah , but my point is that he has a mic pointed at guitar and one pointed at his face

Sing and play and then add different things to each of the voice and the guitar

Just wondered why , or if , GarageBand allowed that . And if it doesn't then it really should !

Isn't he in a studio environment to begin with ?

Boom !

That's the simple answer.

If you wanted a "live" recording with different effects on a SINGLE channel in Garageband, all you would need is a mixer with your effects as you like on voice/guitar/whatever, then run it into channel 1.

You could then actually have as many different channels and effects as your mixer would allow.

Boom !

That's the simple answer.

If you wanted a "live" recording with different effects on a SINGLE channel in Garageband, all you would need is a mixer with your effects as you like on voice/guitar/whatever, then run it into channel 1.

You could then actually have as many different channels and effects as your mixer would allow.

👍🏻

Thanks murph

That makes sense

Does no one else think it's strange that GarageBand won't give a track to two mics though

I'm done here messing up Murphs thread . Sorry mister

FWIW: I recorded in a small studio with a very experienced engineer when I recorded my CD. On this particular song he used three channels while I recorded live with no over dubs except my harmony vocals that I laid down later:

Channel 1: Mic on voice

Channel 2: Mic on guitar

Channel 3: Direct in from my guitar pick up (Baggs M1)

There was some bleed of course of my guitar into the vocal mic, but when he mixed all three channels he came up with IMO a very acoustic sound. Of course he knew what he was doing. I knew I would screw it up. That is why I paid for him to do it :)

https://soundcloud.com/nolamericana/holly-beach

Archived