Gibson Brands Forums

La Bella strings

Tuffblue

I had a set of La Bella PB strings in the draw with the intention of trying them out one day so today was the day. I put them on my Advanced Jumbo LC and wow what a surprise!! Beautifully balanced and clear with a nice warm sound. I’m not sure why my expectations were low regarding these strings and maybe that’s the reason they sound so good to my ears. I’m very keen to see how they last and maintain over the next few weeks. I’m off to buy another set to see how they sound on the Martin. Anyone else have experience with these strings?

Interesting...I havent had LaBella strings for well over 40 years.Then, a few weeks ago I decided to buy a set.

11s PB. I have yet to put them on a guitar.May be this post will speed me up to put them on.

It’s been a few days now and the strings are are still terrific. Easy to play and great projection. Unfortunately I can’t buy them where I am so I’ve ordered some from Elderly Instruments at $6.30. I live overseas so it will probably be a week or so before I can report on how they perform on the Martin.

Those things have been around since dirt. For whatever reason, I tend to associate them with nylon strings and Black Diamond with steel strings. I have a set on La Bella strings on my stand up bass but mainly because a fresh set came with the instrument.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally got around to putting the La Bella strings on the Martin and they work beautifully. Being an OM they sound a little brighter than they do on the AJ but just as balanced without creating hot sounding strings like some others do. Very happy.

Thanks for the report on LaBellas. However, I am happy with 80/20 Bronze SP Lights or Mediums (or Light-Mediums in 80/20 Bronze when I can find old new stock as they are now discontinued.) No reason for me to change. But, always good to hear others’ experiences.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Thanks for the report on LaBellas. However, I am happy with 80/20 Bronze SP Lights or Mediums (or Light-Mediums in 80/20 Bronze when I can find old new stock as they are now discontinued.) No reason for me to change. But, always good to hear others experiences.

I'm an 80/20 user myself. I'm using the Gibson Masterbuilts on the new J-15, and have used Elixir's on the old J-45 for years.

I remember La Bella's from when I was a kid, but don't think I've ever used them.

Archived