Gibson Brands Forums

Kinky?

Murph

Sometimes the commercial forces you to try music you wouldn't normally play. Try being a repressed Scot/Brit in northern Maine who can't dance and then have your playing influenced by an Optimum Online commercial in Reggaeton with some skanky (and disturbingly alluring) mermaids chanting 8-7-7-3-9-3-4-4-4-8 for sixty seconds. I have to clench my eyes tight and concentrate on an old Kendalls song to get back to Earth.

That sounds perfectly normal to me. What IS weird is tryin' to pick out the key for the background music and commercials to see if'n you can pick along.... I've done it.. It's kindy cool.

What prompted this question Murph? Get in a spat over it with the girl friend? If so, tell her it could be worse. You could be a drummer who drums strums thumps anything and everything within reach.

Too, maybe it's her way of sayin' she wants to cuddle.... so, you might want to set the guit tar down a bit so you can get kissed later on. :o

I kind of do the same thing but quite often the commercials are good enough, or at least more compelling than whatever game or race I'm watching that I play more during the game than during the commercials. Also, sometimes the music in a commercial interferes with playing.

Archived