Gibson Brands Forums

Myrtle Beach guitar shops

kelly campbell

Wish I could help you out more. Not sure about Myrtle Beach but if you find yourself a little further south in Bluffton stop in at Fretworks, and Johns Music on Hilton Head Island has some good stuff too. If you stumble upon anything in MB let me know. Always looking for new stores within driving distance of my house.

I go to Myrtle Beach every year for vacation.

It is a ghost town for music stores! I would think a place like that would be filled with the finest around.

I did find one good music store. It is in the Coastal Grand Mall: 2 stories. It is called Andy Owens Music Center.

Address is: 2000 Coastal Grand Cir #338, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577.

I now go there at least once while I am in Myrtle Beach.

Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

It is a ghost town for music stores! I would think a place like that would be filled with the finest around.

I did find one good music store. It is in the Coastal Grand Mall: 2 stories. It is called Andy Owens Music Center.

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

I went looking for guitars too and went to the shop in the mall. Don't ask if they have Gibson guitars because they'll tell you that the quality sucks and it's too expensive to carry them. They'll then recommend PRS, or at least that's what the guy told me. He was kind of a jerk about it and we left after he was rude to us. Your experience may be different. This was June of 2017 when we went there.

The music store in the mall was a storehouse compared to the rest of Myrtle Beach.

I was so glad just to see guitars, amps & keys I didn't even talk to to any of the employees.

(They did have some Fender Strats & Teles but no Gibsons.)

Just to walk around, play a couple of guitars, try a few pedals, etc was good enough for me.

On vacation & in no rush....since the wife was shopping in the department stores - this was an oasis for me! msp_tongue.gif

Archived