Gibson Brands Forums

New Judas Priest

Rabs

Lightning Strike sounds sweet, love the album art. What’s your opinion Rabs?

Yeah I quite like the music but in all honesty Robs voice sorta puts me off a bit.. I like them but never been a huge fan and of course they have some proper classics that cant be ignored... But I want to hear it in album form where the songs can make more sense being part of a collective vibe if you know what I mean.

Yeah I quite like the music but in all honesty Robs voice sorta puts me off a bit.. I like them but never been a huge fan and of course they have some proper classics that cant be ignored... But I want to hear it in album form where the songs can make more sense being part of a collective vibe if you know what I mean.

Yeah I tend to agree somewhat actually the video of rob really put me off more. From this breed of metal I’ve always been more into Maiden personally (of course Sabbath is always #1)

For a new release from these guys I think it’s good work though when you compare to some other stuff from aging rockers

I’m not sure if they’d be your cup o tea but my favorite current band for concept albums is King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

I really like the new album, Amazon delivered it at my doorstep by 10:00am and had the opportunity to spin it twice at high volume.

Then I went for a 4 mile walk and listened to it on MP3 (which is included in the LP)

The LP sounds fantastic and the artwork is great.

The album sound and production sound reminiscent of Painkiller, aggressive and tight. Mostly heavy metal songs with a couple of hard rock tracks. I’m happy.

No doubt having new blood in Richie has breathed life into the band not that KK was any bad.

I love the Priest classics that I wore out in the 80s but I am the kind of guy that tries not to think that the best music was done when I was in high school.

Judas Priest lost me with Turbo but Painkiller made up for it.

I always try to picture what a new album from these old bands would have been received in say 1986. I think it would have done well.

Archived