Gibson Brands Forums

Ltd. Ed. Epiphone Peter Frampton Les Paul Custom PRO

Rabs

If you can handle the headstock :)

The Limited Edition Peter Frampton Les Paul Custom Pro (pictured above) is limited to only 200 guitars worldwide and includes a hand-signed Certificate of Authenticity and a premium hard case. A guitar-only version of the Ltd. Ed. Peter Frampton Les Paul Custom Pro is also available with the same specifications and is limited to 900 guitars worldwide.

Both Les Pauls feature ProBucker and CeramicPRO Open-Coil humbuckers, an Ebony fretboard and gold Grover Rotomatic machine heads. The Les Pauls are based on Frampton’s legendary 1954 Les Paul—now known as the “Phenix”—that helped power his rise to fame in the Seventies before it was presumed lost in a plane crash in Venezuela in 1980 and then rediscovered in 2012.

Edited by Rabs
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I got one and had to return it as the truss rod was sliding around loose in the neck and it wouldn't hold the relief. I got the signed version which has his signature in a folding leather booklet like the Gibson Custom Shop guitars. The same thing the Bonamassa signature Epi I got had.

I should get a replacement sent out this week when they're in stock.

I should add that I have a 2015 Gibson Custom Shop Frampton which is night and day a very much better quality guitar. No complaints with the Epi besides the faulty truss rod I got.

I'll further add that the Epi is a traditional fat Les Paul neck and the Gibson Custom is a slimline 60 profile like Peter really uses. That being said the classic 50s neck on the Epi was excellent and felt a lot like my 59 Gibson Historic Custom Shop guitar neck.

• 3 weeks later...

Its a great axe,,I picked up a white epi SG standard recently,,and its plays + sounds awsome. I wouldnt mind having the PF model,,only in trans blue paint. BTW,,isnt he a great player + artists? Ive always enjoyed his works

Edited by 10K-DB

• 1 year later...