Gibson Brands Forums

2018 Holiday Treats

NighthawkChris

Greetings and Happy New Year to all! I had a good holiday season. BTW, we celebrate family Christmases... Either way, this time of year means gifts all around. This year, I had a fun time giving to everyone and watching my son open up his gifts. We also had a new addition to our family a few days before Christmas which was our greatest gift! We got a newborn little boy!

Anyhow, getting back to guitars... this year, I got some gift certificates to StewMac and a local guitar store near my location. Helped me buy some Grover locking tuners for my 2018 LP Classic - which comes with the non-locking Grovers, so this is a drop-in replacement. Also got some Fender locking tuners for my Tele! Just love locking tuners and strap locks - great investments for your guitars IMHO. Of course, I already had the strap locks for these guitars, but I wanted to complete them with the locking tuner sets, haha! I received a T-shirt from my wife that had text on it saying something to the extent that I love my wife when she let's me buy another guitar and I wore it out to the family Christmas dinner event msp_biggrin.gif All in all, happy times, good family, and good life. Hope to keep it that way as I now have some great memories - and pictures - of this 2018 holiday season.

Hope all is well with everyone and that we have a good year in 2019! Cheers!

Greetings and Happy New Year to all! I had a good holiday season. BTW, we celebrate family Christmases... Either way, this time of year means gifts all around. This year, I had a fun time giving to everyone and watching my son open up his gifts. We also had a new addition to our family a few days before Christmas which was our greatest gift! We got a newborn little boy!

Anyhow, getting back to guitars... this year, I got some gift certificates to StewMac and a local guitar store near my location. Helped me buy some Grover locking tuners for my 2018 LP Classic - which comes with the non-locking Grovers, so this is a drop-in replacement. Also got some Fender locking tuners for my Tele! Just love locking tuners and strap locks - great investments for your guitars IMHO. Of course, I already had the strap locks for these guitars, but I wanted to complete them with the locking tuner sets, haha! I received a T-shirt from my wife that had text on it saying something to the extent that I love my wife when she let's me buy another guitar and I wore it out to the family Christmas dinner event msp_biggrin.gif All in all, happy times, good family, and good life. Hope to keep it that way as I now have some great memories - and pictures - of this 2018 holiday season.

Hope all is well with everyone and that we have a good year in 2019! Cheers!

Congrats on the newborn!!

I have some of the fender/gotoh (kluson style) locking tuners and they’re great!

One thing I gotta say, watch out when you buy locking Grovers. They seem to actually call all of their tuners locking for some reason, even when they’re not locking tuners.

My little brother bought a set of them and it says “locking” right on the front of the package but they are just regular rotomatics

Congrats on the newborn!!

I have some of the fender/gotoh (kluson style) locking tuners and they're great!

One thing I gotta say, watch out when you buy locking Grovers. They seem to actually call all of their tuners locking for some reason, even when they're not locking tuners.

My little brother bought a set of them and it says "locking" right on the front of the package but they are just regular rotomatics

Thanks for letting me know about this for sometime in the future. Yeah, that's not cool that your brother had to go through that. I know how exciting it is to have something you highly anticipate arrive but only to be let down when you find out it isn't exactly what you thought.

But on the subject of locking tuners, I just love these things and will get these on every guitar I own practically. They make string changes a cinch. I always dreaded getting out my string winder stuff and having to briefly hold the kink when I lace up a new set. Yeah, the lazier I can be on this, the better, haha!

Best regards!

Thanks for letting me know about this for sometime in the future. Yeah, that's not cool that your brother had to go through that. I know how exciting it is to have something you highly anticipate arrive but only to be let down when you find out it isn't exactly what you thought.

But on the subject of locking tuners, I just love these things and will get these on every guitar I own practically. They make string changes a cinch. I always dreaded getting out my string winder stuff and having to briefly hold the kink when I lace up a new set. Yeah, the lazier I can be on this, the better, haha!

Best regards!

Yeah, locking is the way to go!

How do you like the Grover lockers? They lock from a nut on the back right?

Yeah, locking is the way to go!

How do you like the Grover lockers? They lock from a nut on the back right?

Hi Dub-T-123, yes the Grovers I received have the locking nut on the back as we would expect. I really like them as you can tell, haha! I definitely would say they are worth the money no doubt. Basically, any guitar that I have that I play a lot, I am going to get lockers from here on out msp_thumbup.gif

Archived