Gibson Brands Forums

Anything worth seeing at Bozeman?

meanstreak

Hey guys, not been around in while! I'm going up to Montana in June, to the Glacier Park area. Is there anything worth seeing in Bozeman? I know they stopped doing tours at the plant but is there a store or some other kind of stuff Gibson related that I should make a special trip to Bozeman for? It would be about a 6 hour drive added to my trip in order to spend a day there.

I'd say a side trip to Bozeman would be worthwhile if you're into Gibsons, or just guitars in general.

As Cougar has noted, Music Villa in downtown Bozeman is worth seeing as they stock a lot of Gibsons and other makes too. And they're a fun store to visit.

The plant itself, I'd call them and see if a tour might be possible. They have been informal about this in the past, but I have not been by there for a couple of years, so I don't know if they have 'clamped down' on this or not. But if you CAN get a tour, most people really appreciate seeing how the guitars are made, and seeing some of the cool models they're producing at the time of your tour and so on.

Fred

Gibson Homecoming is June 19, 20, 21. Usually a factory tour one of those days open mic nights and good pancakes at the Grantree where most of the guitar geeks will stay. It’s a blast.

DUH! I forgot they did that! I'll be up there the week prior unfortunately, would be Friday the 14th in Bozeman most likely. I'll have to see what I can do!

Archived