Gibson Brands Forums

emg help. i dont understand.

Tanner1994

i am thinking about installing emg's in my strat but the problem is my pickups are not active. i know emg makes passive pickups but they dont come in white, because i dont like the black ones and that is the only color on the passive single coils. what will i have to do to put white active emg's in my strat? =P~

You'll need everything that comes in the box: pickups, wire, jack (they use a special jack), battery conector, 25K pots (if you buy a set).

If you buy them separately I think they come with the special jack, the batery conector and all that; you might have to buy the pots from them, as they use 25K pots.

They are very easy to install, and wont be any trouble, remember you will have to change everything from the jack to the pickup (wire, pots, and all).

i am thinking about installing emg's in my strat but the problem is my pickups are not active. i know emg makes passive pickups but they dont come in white' date=' because i dont like the black ones and that is the only color on the passive single coils. what will i have to do to put white active emg's in my strat? :-k [/quote']

Honestly, why do want EMG's?

????? why the jacks?

The jack is the switch for the power supply. That's why you don't leave a cord plugged into the guitar when you aren't playing. It will drain the battery.

To each his own. I just find them very cold sounding.

Yea, I know the feeling about each to their own.

After I play my LP DC with the EMGs, passive pickups seem really weak and have a narrow tone range.

You know, as much as I dont like how H-H sets sound I have heard some of those S-S-S and H-S-S sets and they sounded great. Dont know what's all that about... arent they supposed to be the same tech? If they can make a nice sounding single coil, then why dont they make a good souning humbucker? I have to admit I have only used the 81 and 85 models, and they have some others that might sound right.

Archived