Gibson Brands Forums

Flipped Dylan 200

JuanCarlosVejar

The guitar isn't intonated correctly at the saddle. The saddle would have to be remade and a new slot be rerouted at the bridge at an inverse angle. In general I can only discourage any lefty to flip a right-hand guitar, be it an expensive or cheap one. Make sure to get a factory lefty to avoid the hassle and often undesired results.

Decent advice but  not relevant for a lefty desiring a vintage Gibson- easier to find a leprechaun riding a unicorn into the lost dutchman’s mine for to drink from the fountain of youth than to locate factory lefty vintage Gibsons with any regularity.

1 hour ago, scriv58 said:

the lost dutchman’s mine 

Jacob Waltz wasn't Dutch, and he wasn't lost. He always knew exactly where he was. And how to get back.

I've been all over the Superstitions. Gigged the Lucky Nugget in Apache Junction literally hundreds of times.

However, I never found the mine either....

1 hour ago, scriv58 said:

reckon I shoulda named a more mythologically-correct mine for my illustration

😀

I was just impressed anybody knew of the Lost Dutchman's mine. ...

6 hours ago, Leonard McCoy said:

The guitar isn't intonated correctly at the saddle. The saddle would have to be remade and a new slot be rerouted at the bridge at an inverse angle. In general I can only discourage any lefty to flip a right-hand guitar, be it an expensive or cheap one. Make sure to get a factory lefty to avoid the hassle and often undesired results.

I wonder if a saddle resting on top of the bridge would have lessening effect of the sound? If not, I think I could make a  bone saddle that would fit in the right hand slot with a twist to accommodate a lefty.

Archived