Gibson Brands Forums

Fabulous performance and TWO Gibsons for good measure...

Jinder

BBG's Caroline Spence thread made me think of my friend Lotte Mullan. She's a GREAT artist, we've toured together many times, and I'm godfather to her son. One of my best pals. Here she is with my former bandmate Simon Johnson (who also co-produced my 2012 album 'Crumbs Of Comfort' with me) performing 'I'm Still Here'.

A great song and a great performance, I think.

That was absolutely lovely in all respects! This kind of performance and artistry reminds me of why I keep trying to learn to write, sing, and play. Being able to make music like that, with a friend, being in the moment, is my ultimate goal. I realize this level of perfection is not attainable for me, but it is worth aiming for...

Thanks for posting, Jinder. By the way, any samples from your new album to share with us?

Lars

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Murph and Lars!! I really appreciate the kind words. Lotte is brilliant, isn't she? Such a great and under-recognised talent. I anticipate great things from my Godson, not only does he have Lotte for a Mum, but his Dad, Lotte's husband Alex Reeves, is a tremendous drummer...he played beautifully on my 'Crumbs Of Comfort' album back in 2012 and is now a full time member of Elbow, who are huge here in the UK. Absolutely lovely people too, all of them!

1 hour ago, Lars68 said:

By the way, any samples from your new album to share with us?

Lars

Not just yet, but it won't be long! The first single is out on 23rd August and I'll share as soon as it's online. The rest of the record is recorded in the most part, but we're knee deep in post production and mixing...it's a big production job this time, orchestras and brass sections and allsorts, so mixing is a bit of a mission!!