Gibson Brands Forums

Which way to turn screw

nid2007

I keep watching to see if anyone knows. My Hamer owners manual has a picture diagram .. good too -- helpful .. it's pretty low action. When you go up (you are increasing the tension) when you go down you are easing tension --so it will show up on your electronic tuner immediately. Set the tuner on and position it on the head stock. As soon as you change the high E you will see in. I have done this in between songs (really) .. it was buzzing and I raised it and re-tuned and the band leader was talking about who wrote the song and what year it was played in the top 40 and who got awards .. yada yada .. (they gab like that so you can find the page in the song book -- most of the songs I don't need the book any more Satin Doll, L-O-V-E, Sunny Gets Blue, Route 66, Blues In the Night .. I just play it. .. so I had time) Maybe he saw me doing it.

On my B45-12 you turn counter-clockwise to raise the saddle. The threads are in brass inserts set into the top itself and the saddle rides in a machined groove on the adjustment screws, raising and lowering as the screws are raised or lowered. Picture the tailpiece on a Les Paul and how it raises and lowers as the screws are turned; it's the same deal.

Archived