Gibson Brands Forums

Political debates on this forum

Bluemoon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No' date=' not even me.

Consider what you post maybe, shock value and instigation being lesser concerns...

[/quote']

I always consider what I post. Always. ( the second always was for effect; did it work?)

It's a free world (sorta) so post and click where you want.

Don't like the subject? Go somewhere else.

There are lotsa threads and areas of this and other forums I never even go to because I have no interest in the content.

But I like it here. And I like the people here. It is just the chest thumping has risen to a level that is hard to ignore.

I think we can discuss these topics while still maintaining a level of civility.

Maybe it's ok to talk politics in here... it will only end in one side bashing the other over some stupid outdated ideas and it wont matter who wins, the world will be the same after the mods close the forum down.

Then we'll have to take all our guitar talk to some politics forum... and guess what? I bet you the same guys that battle over which side is right in here will battle over fender and gibson there (or maybe over mac vs pc?).

"You asked for it! Here is your place for all things all topic, and at large. "

As long as they stay in the lounge, there is nothing wrong with political discussions. And if someone gets riled up it is because they have emotional problems, not because someone made post that intended to get them riled up.

Well I probably meant them as they were posted. That is unless they were obviously silly then it was meant to be funny. But' date=' I'll be schooled by the young-an on this one. You are correct. I should be nicer. [/quote']

Homz, everyone should be nicer, but I guess that why they have the fender fourms:-#

I do enjoy your post homz, I know you are joking around. From all the post that you typed im actually trying find a serious post. Everyone has there veiws and such, we all have be acceptful everyone else. We don't have to agree, but we must not tear other people down to bring ourself up.

If the fourm was a highschool

Thundergod=computer tech nerd glee club

Homz=classclown/streaker

Dea00m=kid who gets underpants put up on flagpole

RichCI=allstar football player for the team

Axe=PE teacher who served in Veitnam

Buddylight=FFA hay bucking champion

all i know is there is a $#!+ load of new LP photos that needs to be looked @ right now!

Those pics look really nice jesse, congratulations on all of the mods ending up great.

I bet that will finally encourage you to learn to play... :-

Just kidding.

Homz' date=' everyone should be nicer, but I guess that why they have the fender fourms:-#

I do enjoy your post homz, I know you are joking around. From all the post that you typed im actually trying find a serious post. Everyone has there veiws and such, we all have be acceptful everyone else. We don't have to agree, but we must not tear other people down to bring ourself up.

If the fourm was a highschool

Thundergod=computer tech nerd glee club

Homz=classclown/streaker

Dea00m=kid who gets underpants put up on flagpole

RichCI=allstar football player for the team

Axe=PE teacher who served in Veitnam

Buddylight=FFA hay bucking champion

[/quote']

I was actually not a class clown. Nor was I a bully or picked on. The way I talk on the forum is in direct proportion to the way I am addressed. If you were to talk to me in real life I would be polite and a nice guy. But, that's not to say I take crap from anyone. I don't, although I am a bit more accepting of compromise then here.

So now that we've played out this young man teaches old man new tricks thing can we move on now?

I was actually not a class clown. Nor was I a bully or picked on. The way I talk on the forum is in direct proportion to the way I am addressed. If you were to talk to me in real life I would be polite and a nice guy. But' date=' that's not to say I take crap from anyone. I don't, although I am a bit more accepting of compromise then here.

So now that we've played out this young man teaches old man new tricks thing can we move on now?

[/quote']

I know homz, its probly just not a good idea to joke around right now,ill stop

i gott admit' date=' your standard faded looks soo good, i bet even you could sound good playing it:^o [/quote']

Didn't you notice? I took the pickguard off... which means now it STILL sounds like crap... but you can see a nice piece of wood... which acording to the jonas bros. guide to succes is a good thing. I'm halfway there... now I just have to get an endorsement from gibson so that I can play on top of a les paul shaped stage... [-(

did i read somewhere about guitar threads being highjacked into political threads

i love politics as much as the next guy, (well actually, i live america as much as the next guy, politics can suck @ times, but anyway, before i highjack my original thought)

i much rather talk about guitars(well actually, i am kind of sick and tired of pickguards, top wrapping, and all thoose over played threads, but anyway, before i highjack my original thought)

i much rather talk about guitars, 50s guitars, jimmy page/led zeppelin, and the hottest women on the planet..........

Archived