Gibson Brands Forums

My last guitar, really...

powerpopper

After getting a phenomenal deal on a J-45 TV LTD VOS, it turns out the same shop also had a Hummingbird TV LTD VOS. Same deal, period correct case, embroidered jacket and case cover, leather COA...

But here's the thing. The LTD VOS J-45 and SJ-200 were "limited" because of their Red Spruce tops (and the case, jacket and cover). Gibson says this about the Hummingbird: "Their sibling the Hummingbird will wear a solid premium Sitka Spruce top with special Cherry Burst finish that matches the finish on the first run of Hummingbirds back in 1960."

So it seems that with this LTD edition you are getting a TV with a special finish (plus the other goodies). Does anyone know anything to the contrary?

I played it against my Hummingbird MC and a "regular" TV they had at the store. Sounds great, looks great...not as huge a difference on the Hummingbird as the J-45 LTD, but the Hummingbird was still better and close to the same price as the TV.

So with a hint of satisfaction and sadness, I have purchased my last guitar...

This one has an unbelievable finish and is one of those "time machine" pieces. It feels like an old guitar and plays like an old guitar. It doesn't have a bunch of battle scars on it, but it has an awesome vibe to it and great tone. I prefer it to the J-45 for vocal accompaniment because to my ear, the 'Bird has a slightly less defined sound whereas the J-45 stands proudly out front.

Two great additions to my collection this week, but I have purchased my last guitar...<sniff>

I have had 4 guitars for many years. From January 2009 to February 2009 I now have 7 guitars when I was planning to go down to 2. I don't think powerpopper that this is your last guitar. It is your last guitar until you buy your next one. hahahahahahaha

51 SJ200

63 Martin D28

94 Ray Whitley SJ200) BRAZILIAN

01 Nick Lucas

02 AJ BRAZILIAN

06 Martin Authentic

Waiting on an 09 J45 TV VOS LTD ED.

So with a hint of satisfaction and sadness' date=' I have purchased my last guitar...

Two great additions to my collection this week, but I have purchased my last guitar...<sniff>[/quote']

Hey PP, we're all friends here and I don't think your wife's listenin'. :- I suspect you said that the last time you brought home a new guit tar and the unfamiliar scent of a woman on your collar.... You don't have to put on airs or lie here. =D>

Archived