Gibson Brands Forums

Old 1936 Century

JuanCarlosVejar

Entire fretboard. They usually have rosewood inlaid fret markets. I’m sure there are some variances. A few of our members have some of the vintage ones. I have an RI from ‘94. They’ve since issued an Elvis Costello signature version. 

57 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Is the entire fretboard inlayed? If so there goes your theory that it has to be ebony or rosewood.

It's a vision in MOTS, but an iconic variant  of the L-series 1930's guitars. No abalone or oysters died in the making of that fretboard.

I didn't know anything about Richard Hawley before seeing this, but I like his attitude, his playing, and his voice

7 hours ago, j45nick said:

It's a vision in MOTS, but an iconic variant  of the L-series 1930's guitars. No abalone or oysters died in the making of that fretboard.

I didn't know anything about Richard Hawley before seeing this, but I like his attitude, his playing, and his voice

no Mother of Toilet Seat on this one, but you might remember this v J-185 share: