Gibson Brands Forums

Les paul standard faded

callen3615

Less nitro.. I think its 8 for the standard and 3 (or was it 5?) for the faded... but I might be wrong.

The pickups come without covers... I covered mine and went a little further... changed the knobs and the switch tip, aded some knob position markers (my avatar).

Hi, I got one too. I covered my zebra too because I didn't like them with the colour of the table (cherry sunburst is very "violent" on faded finish).

I paid it new last year 1400 €.

It's a wonderfull axe. I play it with a line 6 spider valve and it sounds really great !!

Hope you can find one !

I think their Discontinued now...

You can pick them up real cheap here in the UK now NEW.... Dunno why coz there are fantastic looking guitars.... FingersGalore and Thundergod have NICE specimens....

Maybe they can post some pics.... [-o<

Flight959

• 10 months later...
Here's my 08 standard faded in honeyburst

collage.jpg

That's the one that made me start gassing for my own faded. Wasn't able to find one with a purdy top like that one. Wasn't able to get one with a 60's neck either. There weren't many left to choose from in Denmark at the time. I bought one anyway and haven't looked back at all.

Them Fadeds are absolute players by birth. In my humble opinion anyways. No worries about scratches or dents or anything that you easlily would worry about with a nice and shiny top. My faded has become my no. 1 go-to guitar because of that. And it sounds killer.

I JUST LUUUUUUVE IT! [cool][biggrin] [biggrin] [cool][thumbup]

Oh yeah' date=' and the Faded Club needs some more exposure... [b']The Faded Club[/b]

I think that is what I am getting ready to list on EBay - faded cherry dot neck, no frills, but USA made, adn plays very nice - serial # 01213560. I don't know much about Gibsons and need help with model description. etc. What type Les Paul is this?

How do I insert a picture?

I think that is what I am getting ready to list on EBay - faded cherry dot neck' date=' no frills, but USA made, adn plays very nice - serial # 01213560. I don't know much about Gibsons and need help with model description. etc. What type Les Paul is this?[/quote']

With that serial number it wouldn't be the Standard Faded Model. They didn't start those until 2005 and was discontinued after 2008.

Archived