Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Signature

O.J. Shagnasty

I've obtained a 70s LP signature that has humbucking pickups in it , and an ES-335 neck on it.  The pickups appear to be factory coil tapped, apoxy sealed, with two coaxial lines coming from them. The pickups are connected to the wiring harness with inline 1/16" sub miniature connections. The coil tap switch is where the second input would have been. It has a 24.5" scaled ES-335 neck. And  it is all gold, front,back, and sides.  I had a local luthier  do the once over on it . He pulled the pickups, then put a blacklight on it.  He, and an ex Gibson employee(who now works for him) both insist that it's factory made. I'm still trying to get pics of it on here. But would anyone know how I could authenticate this as a factory Gibson and appraise it?

I think Grog has a collection of these.   Have a feeling the pickups were like P90s, may have been low-imp?....:-k

Very nice, quite rare, essentially a factory-modded 335. 

Images-

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk022C3ysZNqroTlg5fD0leQ-8LHhyg:1585579037327&q=Les+Paul+Signature&tbm=isch&source=univ&client=firefox-b-d&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiOyaGatsLoAhVPRBUIHeQUAskQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1920&bih=1086

YouTube review -

Edited by jdgm

35 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Okay. Teleworking, and fighting boredom.  Gonna go back VA this weekend and get more stuff from the house.

How you doing?

The same. Did as much yard work as I’m gonna do. Otherwise just noodling on some backing tracks. Wife is going nuts listening to the same stuff over and over again. Lol. Seems only the locals heeding the warnings. They showed pics of Garden City beach and the place was packed. Hopefully there’s going to be big sales on guitars and stuff when this is over. Stay safe, 

2 hours ago, labomba said:

The same. Did as much yard work as I’m gonna do. Otherwise just noodling on some backing tracks. Wife is going nuts listening to the same stuff over and over again. Lol. Seems only the locals heeding the warnings. They showed pics of Garden City beach and the place was packed. Hopefully there’s going to be big sales on guitars and stuff when this is over. Stay safe, 

Cherry Grove beaches were packed this weekend.  Lots of out of plate cars.  Specially Jersey.