Gibson Brands Forums

Update on the dream 65 Dove

JuanCarlosVejar

11 minutes ago, Paul14 said:

Anxious to see, & hear the end result. It sounded amazing before anything was done.

Yes, , , and I was afraid he'd decided to switch the T-O-M . Luckily and wisely he did not.  Let's hope the best. Well, it's hard to see where it can go wrong. 

Hard to imagine a sweeter unboxing moment than when Matthew met this Dove for the first time-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYk8wTY4gPs

An instant connection was made. So he wants to make it right and share his joy with others when he takes it out on stage. Does it really matter, the effect of what the Tune-O-Matic saddle n' bridge will have on the Dove's sound? Love is blind, and maybe deaf, as well. It will sound as strong as the connection between the player and the guitar.

Edited by 62burst

8 minutes ago, 62burst said:

Hard to imagine a sweeter unboxing moment than when Matthew met this Dove for the first time-

Sure, , it made him some sort of saint he may never have been without it. . .

8 minutes ago, 62burst said:

Does it really matter, the effect of what the Tune-O-Matic saddle n' bridge will have on the Dove's sound? Love is blind, and maybe deaf, as well. It will sound as strong as the connection between the player and the guitar.

Not really understood - d'you mean the T-O-M didn't play a role in the first place. . 

11 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

Not really understood - d'you mean the T-O-M didn't play a role in the first place. . 

Nahh.. . 'just over with the whole "it's all about the sound" - thing. More about the connection, anymore. (and then, the sound will take care of itself)

Edited by 62burst

4 minutes ago, 62burst said:

Nahh.. . 'just over with the whole "it's all about the sound" - thing. More about the connection, anymore. (and then, the sound will take care of itself)

Aha, , , but to me the force of these first videos was the triple-point in both the man-machine-connection, the look and the actual sound of this creature.  Anywayzzz. . 

11 hours ago, 62burst said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYk8wTY4gPs

An instant connection was made. So he wants to make it right and share his joy with others when he takes it out on stage. Does it really matter, the effect of what the Tune-O-Matic saddle n' bridge will have on the Dove's sound? Love is blind, and maybe deaf, as well. It will sound as strong as the connection between the player and the guitar.

I love the way he drug it into the house, ripped it out of the box, & started banging away on it. A man after my own heart. Supposed to leave in the case for a couple of days? Not me! That’s pretty much the way I approach the situation too. Love it.