Gibson Brands Forums

Attachment quotas?

slimt

Don't know Slim. . . looking at the "My attachments", there's the message "You have used 0 B of your 500 kB attachment limit." And I'm big on posting photos. But then again, by uploading at Imgur.com instead of attaching images here, I've never used a bit of a byte.

Edited by 62burst

Okay. I dont post that many pictures.  I do get alot of errors on photos being to large to upload.     Its been a ongoing thing for a while now.  Just trying to figure out how to correct it all.    🙂 

'Just uploaded a photo, and attached it to a post just to see if there was any way to delete from "My attachments"- Nope. Had to go to the post containing the photo, hit the edit button for that post, and delete from there. That wouldn't be a problem if the current forum "Powered by Invision Community" software didn't shut down the ability to edit older posts. If you had to, you could reduce the resolution of the images before uploading.

We went through this before, does not seem to be anyway to free up space. But really, the whole attachment setup here is ridiculous. You need to host your photos offsite and then insert them into your posts.

38 minutes ago, slimt said:

Imgur? Ill try that.  I hope its not like photobucket where they up and help my pictures hostage to make me pay.  Then deleted every picture I had.   Then deleted the account. 

Nahh..  it's fairly straight forward. Once you've registered & uploaded photos, click on the "images" option that drops down from clicking on your imgur ID.  That'll display an album of all your pics, click on the one you want to post here, and by clicking on the BBCode blue button, it'll be copied onto your computer's clipboard so that you can paste and embed it directly to your post here on the forum

WCsxaqi.png

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Boyd said:

We went through this before, does not seem to be anyway to free up space. But really, the whole attachment setup here is ridiculous. You need to host your photos offsite and then insert them into your posts.

Amen to that. I don’t even try anymore. I used photo bucket for years. When they decided to charge money, they held my photos hostage. I lost everything I had on that site. I refuse to pay them to get my photos back.

2 hours ago, Paul14 said:

. . .  used photo bucket . . .  held my photos hostage. . .  lost everything I had on that site.

Are you sure about lost? I was just able to do a log in at Photobucket- after much clickplay, 'was able to get in, and able to open photos. However, the option to download was greyed out. But was able to do a screen capture of an image from about 10 years ago. It might've lost some resolution, but just threw it over to imgur:

psM04Ix.png

Also- seems like once you go poking around at old albums, the guards awaken- they no longer let me go ten years back, so be sure to screen capture any you'd like to have back while they're open. And. . . are your photos really gone? I mean, they were on your computer originally to get to PB. . . have a look at your old files on your machine- maybe they are there (they were for me).