Gibson Brands Forums

HB Junior DC

mihcmac

On 7/29/2020 at 11:51 PM, 'Scales said:

Play the Aussie national anthem on that, ya could

Could play a lot of things..

Epiphone hasn't built one for a while, wonder if they are up to the challenge to build an affordable Junior DC again?

Lpjrdc.jpg

or the Japan version.

Lpjd70.jpg

10 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I was curious what the fingerboard wood was on that HB. Its listed as 'amaranth'. I've never heard of this, but one site reports that's its listed harder than maple on the Janka scale.

Hmmm. Amaranth seems to be an alternate name for Purpleheart, but I, not being a connoisseur of fine wood I think you know more than I do..

On the Thomman site this HB DC Junior's fretboard is listed as Ebony.. Some of the new features, a P100 style that the second coil is wired out of phase and can be taped out using the tone control, also a Fat 59 neck.

Some of the earlier variations of the HB DC Junior do list an Amarant (Purpleheart) Fingereboard.. It seems each production run has new mods.

15332212_800.jpg 

I do love this style of guitar, as they are just Meat and Potatoes like a Smith and Wesson Schofield..

On 8/2/2020 at 1:08 AM, merciful-evans said:

the ebony board would interest me v much if the pickup was at the neck position. 

There might be someone that makes a budget version of a 2 x P90 LP Special DC like Firefly but finding one with an Ebony fretboard would be challenging.

LP Juniors normally don't come with a P90 in the neck position, only Specials have them.. I have seen low profile surface mount pickups mounted in the neck position on Juniors, like Filtertrons or Teisco gold foils.

I had thought of installing one of these Filtertron style pickups on my SG-X, but I could have just bought an SG-Z with a single coil at the neck instead...sbger3mjq66pqoakswio.jpg

Edited by mihcmac

On 7/31/2020 at 5:14 PM, mihcmac said:

Could play a lot of things..

Epiphone hasn't built one for a while, wonder if they are up to the challenge to build an affordable Junior DC again?

Lpjrdc.jpg

or the Japan version.

Lpjd70.jpg

Mmmmm  Like that HC guitar!!

• Like 1