Gibson Brands Forums

MMM Green Chili

The Mick

Denver?

You gotta go to that smelly city 50 miles north to get the good chili!

You gave me an idea tho.. I haven't made green chili in quite a while. =P~

Greeley no thanx.

I haven't had any green chili since I moved to NC. but a new store opened here that had some frozen New Mexico chile's so I wooped up a batch. Not as good as the Hatch chile's back home but I'ts been so long I don't care.

Greeley smells like poo...

You can say that again and again and it will be true every time =P~

I have when the wind shifts and brings the poo smell this way :(

I haven't had any green chili since I moved to NC. but a new store opened here that had some frozen New Mexico chile's so I wooped up a batch. Not as good as the Hatch chile's back home but I'ts been so long I don't care.

Funny we haven't had any in awhile either but my wife made green chili enchiladas tonight, yummmmm! Must be something in the Colorado air tonight, even if your not currently in Colorado :)

Share the recipe baby! That sounds like a damn good idea... I've always wanted to cook up some green chili' date=' but I have to say - a big ol pot of chili isn't something I'll "try out a recipe" on a lark, know what I mean? [/quote']

Heres a good starting point for a family batch.

1 1/2 - 2 lbs green chile's

1 large onion

1- 1 1/2 lbs cubed pork (go for the cheep stuff tastes better)

6 +/- cloves garlic

1 - 2 cans diced tomato's

jar of chili verde

Chicken stock.

Mix flour and some cumin and roll the cubed pork in the mixture and brown in batched in oil

remove and sweat the chopped onion in a little oil with salt

add the garlic for a few minuets

return the pork add the chile's, tomato's, chili verde and just cover with chicken stock simmer until pork is tender

bring to a boil and add left over sifted flour cumin mixture to thicken take off heat and let cool

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

This should get you started on the way to your own recipe

Archived